Snake causes panic in Kolkata hospital, killedBy IANS
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
KOLKATA - A viper snake surfaced in Kolkata’s SSKM Hospital, leaving behind the bed ridden patients and the staff in a ward shocked and terrified, a doctor said Wednesday. The reptile was killed later.
The snake was spotted Tuesday at the wood burn block in the hospital. It was traced after a day-long search and killed Wednesday.
“It is true that a snake has been spotted in the wood burn block. The snake has been killed and what I have come to know from the officials is that it was viper kind of a snake,” said Provash Chakraborty, medical superintendent of the hospital.
“It is really alarming. But we are taking all measures to prevent repetition of such an incident,” said Chakraborty.