WASHINGTON - A mammalian newborn's heart can heal itself completely -- a discovery that looks more like science fiction than a reality.
WASHINGTON - Millions of middle-aged women racked by hot flushes should really count them as a blessing in disguise - a survey shows that hot flushes protect them from heart disease and stroke during the onset of menopause.
LONDON - Worried about a heart attack? Well, you should read this.
LONDON - Traffic fumes trigger more than eight times as many heart attacks as snorting cocaine, according to a new study.
LONDON - Cycling has always been touted as being good for health, but now a study has found that it is actually one of the biggest triggers of heart attacks.
- Struggling with yo-yo diet? Key protein could end your weight woes soon
- Brits spent 2.3bn on cosmetic surgery in 2010
- Potential treatment target for congenital heart disease identified
- Eating red meat may be good for you
- What your legs say about your heart health
- Doctors warn that fat can kill even if person is healthy
- Obesity is a killer in its own right
- Moderate-to-heavy alcohol intake may increase risk of abnormal heart rhythm
- Late to bed, early to rise way to heart attack
- High school students in Oz grow up to be heart attack victims: Study
- South Asia faces crisis with unhealthy population: World Bank
- Late nights ‘increase risk of strokes, heart attacks’
- Exposure to low-dose radiation ‘ups cancer risk’
- Therapy to prevent heart failure more beneficial for women than men
- Chocolate healthier than many fruit juices
- ‘Flying donkey’ in Russia dies of heart attack
- Peripheral artery disease disables women faster than men: Study
- New surgery technique to be showcased at cardiology meet
- Heart Attack Risk In Women
- High heart attack risks in vegans can be cut by omega-3s and B12
- Mother’s stroke history ‘can help predict daughter’s heart attack risk’
- Patients with high cholesterol’ ‘not getting the treatment they need’
- New technique uses alcohol to save heart
- Common drugs can cause abnormal heart beats
- Nitrous oxide anesthesia ‘ups heart attack risk’
- Chocolate gift causes heart attacks to school boy
- Morning sex ‘can improve your health and mood’
- Shockable cardiac arrests ‘more common in public settings than home’
- Food-borne bacteria causes difficult-to-treat heart infections
- Traffic noise ‘can increase stroke risk’
- Pakistan Army, Afghan Taliban reject report about Mullah Omar’s surgery in Karachi
- Mullah Omar treated for heart attack in Karachi hospital with Pak spy agency ISI’s help
- Weekend drinking is more lethal than daily downing
- Kidney gene linked to increased heart failure risk
- Marathi theatre veteran Prabhakar Panshikar dead