KABUL - WikiLeaks' recently released secret cables have revealed that former Afghan Interior Minister Hanif Atmar was in panic over a scandal involving foreign contractors employed to train Afghan policemen who took drugs and paid for young "dancing boys" to entertain them in northern parts of the country, and begged the US embassy to stop a journalist from publicising the story.
WASHINGTON - A coffee cup sized implantable artificial kidney being developed by a US researcher of Indian origin, is awaiting animal and human trials to bring affordable treatment to millions of kidney failure patients worldwide.
LONDON - Pregnant women who live near busy roads have a higher risk of delivering a premature baby compared to those residing in quieter areas, a study has pointed out.
LONDON - A new study has revealed that the pattern of drinking affects the relation of alcohol intake to coronary heart disease.
- Health impairment primarily due to bad lifestyle, not aging
- World Disability Day Observed Today across the World
- Use of Cancer Causing Methyl Iodide as a Pesticide Raises Controversies
- Widely used arthritis pill shows promise against skin cancer
- Indian-American’s book on cancer on NYT bestsellers’ list