Monday, February 28, 2011
SANTIAGO DE CUBA - A Cuban medication for diabetic feet ulcers is fast becoming popular in a number of countries and has been used to treat more than 22,000 patients worldwide, according to a senior official.
WASHINGTON - Scientists say that an evolutionary gene mutation that occurred in human millions of years ago and our subsequent inability to produce a specific kind of sugar molecule appears to make people more vulnerable to developing type 2 diabetes, especially if they're overweight.
WASHINGTON - In a new study, scientists have found that individuals with fatty liver were five times more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes than those without fatty liver.
WASHINGTON - Two new studies have found that gastric bypass surgery lead to better long-term results including greater weight loss, resolution of diabetes and improved quality of life compared with sleeve gastrectomy and "lap-band" surgery.
WASHINGTON - Scientists have discovered a novel function of brain insulin.
- High risk of heart disease in preadolescent kids with type 1diabetes
- Obesity can cause cancer: Experts
- Awareness about kidney risks posed by diabetes ‘very low’
- Nano drug promising in treatment of chronic wounds
- South Asia facing health crisis: World Bank
- Diabetes’ link to viral infection confirmed
- K Subrahmanyam - Strategic Guru
- Scientists find protein that boosts memory, prevents forgetfulness
- Artificial pancreas could save lives of diabetic pregnant women
- Scientists uncover potential ‘cure’ for type 1 diabetes
- New study explores why some diabetics escape complications
- Why obesity can increase risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes
- Breast cancer patients with diabetes ‘50pc more likely to die’
- Thermometer can save loss of limbs in diabetes
- Having diabetes can injure your eyes severely
- Taking more steps every day can keep diabetes at bay
- Why drinking coffee cuts diabetes risk
- Cheers! Drinking a pint of beer a day ‘is good for your health’
- MicroRNAs could increase amputation risk in diabetics
- Diabetic women with depression at higher risk of dying from heart disease
- Almonds can prevent diabetes, heart disease
- Almonds ‘could help prevent diabetes, heart disease’
- Poor response to anti-anemia drug linked to heart disease risk
- Pollution ‘can cause obesity and diabetes’
- Understanding causes of insulin resistance
- Novo Nordisk to Release new Diabetes Drug
- ‘Shun Diary Products’ Myth Busted
- Common dairy foods may cut diabetes risk
- Diet rich in Almonds can help cure Type 2 Diabetes
- Cure for insulin-dependent diabetes could be developed within 3yrs
- Pakistan Army and ISI is kidnapping and killing people of Gilgit Baltistan
- Drink Tea to Curb Type 2 Diabetes
- Almonds may help reduce risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease
- Inhaled corticosteroids may increase diabetes risk
- Tamil Nadu in Danger with 42 lakh Diabetic Patients