LONDON - A charity has found that majority of men are unaware of a blood test described as the "first line of defence" against the disease.
TORONTO - Supplementing diet with fish oil may prevent muscle and weight loss that commonly occurs in cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy.
LONDON - Researchers have identified a key genetic fault that causes a rare skin cancer to spread and then spontaneously heal itself.
LONDON - Scientists have isolated a gene involved in a rare, self-healing skin cancer, which could open the way to newer treatments for other types of cancers.
WASHINGTON - Mindfulness can help people cope with both pain and suffering, says a health expert.
- ‘Wonderdrug’ keeps breast cancer away
- Multiple childbirth linked to increased risk of ‘triple-negative’ breast cancer
- Antioxidants in pecans ‘good for your heart’
- Tiny laser detects signs of skin cancer
- Too high or too low a BMI influences risk of death among Asians
- Higher vitamin D intake needed to cut cancer risk
- Cannabis ingredient ‘can boost cancer patients’ appetites, sense of taste’
- Potential treatment target for congenital heart disease identified
- Ex Miss Venezuela’s book on her breast cancer battle breaks taboos
- Protein that fuels inflammation in pancreatic and breast tumors identified
- Oral sex bigger cause of throat cancer than tobacco
- Five burgers a week ups cancer risk
- Eat less red meat to reduce cancer risk, scientists warn
- Eating red meat may be good for you
- UK surgeon faces probe after ‘cleavage-saving’ op leaves cancer behind
- Smoking, exercise influence Vitamin E’s effect on pneumonia risk
- Mobile-phone use not linked to increased brain cancer risk
- Cancer-killing medical ’smart bomb’ comes closer to reality
- Mental health neglected, multinational partnerships needed: Azad
- Cola food colouring could cause cancer
- Call to ban ‘cancer-causing’ caramel colouring used in Coke, Pepsi
- Common bone drugs may cut colon cancer risk
- Losing hair at 20 linked to increased risk of prostate cancer
- Oestrogen ‘can cut breast cancer risk’
- Even minor cuts ‘can trigger tumour’
- Red wine makes cancer drug more potent
- Moderate-to-heavy alcohol intake may increase risk of abnormal heart rhythm
- Red wine compound ‘can give a boost to breast cancer treatment’
- Fibre intake lowers death risk
- To tackle rising cancer cases, Punjab to test tubewell water
- Lavasa Women’s Drive to spread cancer awareness
- Camel ciggies maker forced to pay $260K to smoker who developed cancer
- Cancer to be number one killer disease worldwide by 2025: Indian doctors
- Delhi doctors remove 7 kg ovarian tumour
- Tool predicts death probability from stroke