ACCRA - A new India-made vaccine against meningitis is to be administered to nearly 250 million children and adults in sub-Saharan Africa, thanks to a joint campaign by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and PATH, an NGO.
LONDON - Some chemically enhanced caramel food colourings used in popular cola drinks could be cancer causing and should be banned, a US consumer advocacy group has claimed.
WASHINGTON - A Harvard University scientist has developed a new medical treatment that freezes extra fat and tightens the skin.
WASHINGTON - Women with saline and silicone gel-filled breast implants may be at greater risk of developing a rare form of blood cancer known as anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL), according to the US Food and Drug Administration.
LONDON - Electronic cigarettes, which are being touted as the latest 'stop smoking' device, are facing a ban in New York as debate rages whether they are a miracle cure or a menace.
- FDA Recalled Rolf’s Patisserie Desserts
- Arsenic-based agent shuts down hard-to-treat cancers
- Sally Jackson Cheese Recalled by FDA, Consumers Warned to eat the Cheese
- E- ciggies much safer than real ones: Study
- FDA to Recheck Dental Fillings
- Contrave Recommended By FDA Panel
- Anti-Obesity Drug Approved by FDA Panel
- FDA Panel Approves Obesity Surgery over Weight loss Pills
- Artificial kidney made by Indian American awaits human trials
- Mylanta a Johnson & Johnson Product on FDA Recall List
- Eggs recalled in US over salmonella scare
- China bans 15 products over heart disease concern
- Can skin cancer be treated with light?
- Mylan receives FDA OK for generic Prograf version
- Genetically engineered salmon now on FDA's plate
- FDA delays decision on breast cancer drug Avastin
- FDA panel says 'no' to experimental diet pill
- FDA panel split on withdrawing diet pill Meridia
- FDA panel: cough meds should stay over-the-counter
- Summary Box: Diet pill's risks draw FDA scrutiny
- Correction: Imaging drug story
- FDA warns of deadly side effect with imaging drugs
- Doctors see eye hazard in powerful laser pointers
- UAE launches first global mobile children’s hospital
- Bone drugs may raise risk of throat cancer
- FDA looks to curb abuse of cough medicine
- Salmonella Outbreak Detected in Hillandale Farms, Hike in Egg Recall List
- Growing Numbers of Salmonella Egg Recalled List
- FDA panel mixed on approving Cymbalta for pain
- Shire will pull blood-pressure drug cited by FDA
- Summary Box: FDA reviews Cymbalta for chronic pain
- FDA questions wider approval of Lilly's Cymbalta
- US approves five-day emergency contraceptive
- CDC: Fruit pulp linked to rare US typhoid cases
- FDA warns of brain problem with Glaxo seizure drug