LONDON - The bones of people long dead could be the key to healing chronic back pain, says a new research.
WASHINGTON - Two genes that seem to trigger binge drinking have been identified, potentially paving the way to better treatments for excessive alcohol consumption.
WASHINGTON - Even an hour of sleep in daytime could help lower blood pressure after mental stress, researchers say.
WASHINGTON - About two-thirds of Americans aged 70 and above suffer from hearing loss, a study says.
LONDON - Gut bacteria may not just be helping digest food but could be exerting some control over the metabolic functions of other organs like the liver, says a new study.
- More men likely to feel the blues
- Smoking during pregnancy may cause heart defects in infants
- Indian vaccine to save 250 million lives in Africa
- Chhattisgarh reports 47 malaria deaths
- Healthcare budget a put off: Private hospitals
- AIIMS gets Rs.1,000 crore in budget
- India’s health budget goes up by 20 percent
- Fish oil fights weight loss from chemotherapy
- Scientists isolate gene in self-healing skin cancer
- Placebos can work both ways
- Mother’s sweet tooth bad for girls, not for boys
- Commendable progress made in rural health: official
- One-third HIV cases in age group 15-24: UNICEF report
- Super-specialty wing for Safdarjung hospital planned
- Newborn mouse’s heart can heal itself
- Kids with less Vitamin D more likely to have allergies
- Hot flushes protect women from heart attacks
- Mindfulness key to coping with pain, suffering
- Tripura, Mizoram on bird flu alert
- Over 4,000 compounds detected in blood samples
- Rs.85,000 to woman who conceived after surgery
- Philippine village requires prescriptions to buy condoms
- 12 pregnant women die in Jodhpur hospital
- Illusion of three hands can help stroke patients
- Tiny laser detects signs of skin cancer
- Traffic fumes more dangerous than cocaine?
- Social networking group promotes eating disorders
- 685 medicine shops sealed in Pakistan province
- Malaria biggest enemy of Indian border guards in northeast
- Pregnant women beaten, abused in Madhya Pradesh district
- Healthcare programme for elderly approved
- Rotary India to arrange 5,000 heart surgeries for poor kids
- High cholesterol, BP in mid-age tied to memory problems
- In rare case, woman delivers after ovarian tumour surgery
- A ‘memory lane’ for body donors at Chandigarh institute