25 faint due to gas leak in KarachiBy IANS
Thursday, November 4, 2010
KARACHI - At least 25 people, including 18 students and seven women teachers, fainted due to gas leakage in a private school in Karachi Thursday, a media report said.
Due to a power cut at the J.Q. Academy in Kahardar area, school authorities turned its gas generator on. However, after some time, the whole school building was filled with gas that leaked from the generator, the Online news agency reported.
Rescue teams which rushed to the scene shifted the affected people to a nearby hospital, where all the victims recovered after receiving first aid.