LONDON - The bones of people long dead could be the key to healing chronic back pain, says a new research.
WASHINGTON - Two genes that seem to trigger binge drinking have been identified, potentially paving the way to better treatments for excessive alcohol consumption.
WASHINGTON - Even an hour of sleep in daytime could help lower blood pressure after mental stress, researchers say.
NEW DELHI - Pregnant women across China will receive free screenings for HIV, syphilis, and Hepatitis B, and if they test positive, they will be treated at hospitals to prevent them from transmitting the diseases to their children.
WASHINGTON - About two-thirds of Americans aged 70 and above suffer from hearing loss, a study says.
- Gut bacteria exerts control over others organs too
- More men likely to feel the blues
- Smoking during pregnancy may cause heart defects in infants
- Indian vaccine to save 250 million lives in Africa
- Meet the 29-yr-old who is set to become Britain’s youngest grandmother
- Chris Christie defends Michelle Obama’s obesity campaign
- Fish oil fights weight loss from chemotherapy
- Scientists isolate gene in self-healing skin cancer
- Placebos can work both ways
- Mother’s sweet tooth bad for girls, not for boys
- Yoga retreats becoming popular world over
- Newborn mouse’s heart can heal itself
- Kids with less Vitamin D more likely to have allergies
- Hot flushes protect women from heart attacks
- Mindfulness key to coping with pain, suffering
- Over 4,000 compounds detected in blood samples
- Philippine village requires prescriptions to buy condoms
- Illusion of three hands can help stroke patients
- Tiny laser detects signs of skin cancer
- Traffic fumes more dangerous than cocaine?
- Girls as young as 9 selling sex for drugs, says Oz politician
- Struggling with yo-yo diet? Key protein could end your weight woes soon
- Social networking group promotes eating disorders
- Women sue Virgin Airlines after firm sacks them over pregnancy
- Cannabis ingredient ‘can boost cancer patients’ appetites, sense of taste’
- Brits spent 2.3bn on cosmetic surgery in 2010
- ‘Vampire facelift’ using patient’s own blood latest cosmetic fad
- 685 medicine shops sealed in Pakistan province
- High cholesterol, BP in mid-age tied to memory problems
- Ex Miss Venezuela’s book on her breast cancer battle breaks taboos
- Protein that fuels inflammation in pancreatic and breast tumors identified
- Kate Middleton’s uncle in sex, drugs shame invited to wedding
- Oral sex bigger cause of throat cancer than tobacco
- Device to revolutionise blood pressure measurement
- UAE team in Pakistan to vaccinate over 2 mn kids