LOS ANGELES - Hundreds of thousands of eggs have been recalled in eight US states for fear of salmonella contamination, officials said.
PUNE - A 300-kg Briton, who is looking forward to getting married, became the heaviest patient to undergo weight loss surgery in Asia when he went under the knife at a clinic in Maharashtra's Pune city, a doctor said Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - The national capital witnessed 35 cases of dengue Tuesday, taking the total number of people infected with the vector-borne disease to 5,837, an official said.
LONDON - More powerful statins - drugs used to lower cholesterol levels associated with cardiovascular diseases - can cut down deaths from heart attacks, a study shows.
- Painkillers during pregnancy can make sons infertile
- Device to tell cancer patients how long they will live
- Flossing cuts risk of heart attack
- Women delay getting help for heart attacks
- Heterosexual HIV spread in China ‘aggravated by unprotected sex, drugs’
- India’s life-saving gift gathers dust in Nepal
- ‘Smart’ new drug shows promise in ovarian cancer
- Watching porn ‘can help cure premature ejaculation’