Wednesday, November 18, 2015
LONDON - The bones of people long dead could be the key to healing chronic back pain, says a new research.
WASHINGTON - Two genes that seem to trigger binge drinking have been identified, potentially paving the way to better treatments for excessive alcohol consumption.
LONDON - A charity has found that majority of men are unaware of a blood test described as the "first line of defence" against the disease.
WASHINGTON - Even an hour of sleep in daytime could help lower blood pressure after mental stress, researchers say.
- Pregnant women in China to be tested for HIV, syphilis and Hepatitis B
- Two-thirds elderly Americans face hearing loss: Study
- Gut bacteria exerts control over others organs too
- More men likely to feel the blues
- Daytime nap is good for your heart: Study
- Smoking during pregnancy may cause heart defects in infants
- Anti-HIV vaginal gel deemed safe for rectal use too
- Indian vaccine to save 250 million lives in Africa
- Sugar-sweetened drinks linked to higher BP
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com -- A positive attitude towards life can help you combat against chronic diseases like arthritis, diabetes and heart conditions.
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com) -- The US Food and Drug Administration issued a recall on some of the foods of Rolf's Patisserie desserts due to food poisoning.
LOS ANGELES (GaeaTimes.com) -- Danish pharmaceutical company Novo Nordisk said Thursday it planned to put a new insulin product on the market by 2013 after tests showed advantages to the widely sold diabetes drug Lantus.
NEW YORK (Gaeatimes.com) -- Men no more have to suffer from baldness stigma as stem cells has an answer to cure baldness.
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com) -- LASIK is a type of refractive surgery for correcting myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism that can improve a person's vision completely.
NEW DELHI - China is on the verge of achieving a breakthrough in stem cell research, says a top scientist in the field.
LONDON - Stem cells derived from a patient with an inherited heart disease could help test specific treatments for the disease, known as long QT syndrome, say scientists.
TORONTO - Supplementing diet with fish oil may prevent muscle and weight loss that commonly occurs in cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy.
LONDON - Researchers have identified a key genetic fault that causes a rare skin cancer to spread and then spontaneously heal itself.
SANTIAGO DE CUBA - A Cuban medication for diabetic feet ulcers is fast becoming popular in a number of countries and has been used to treat more than 22,000 patients worldwide, according to a senior official.
WASHINGTON - Scientists say that an evolutionary gene mutation that occurred in human millions of years ago and our subsequent inability to produce a specific kind of sugar molecule appears to make people more vulnerable to developing type 2 diabetes, especially if they're overweight.
WASHINGTON - Scientists have come up with new ways to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD) -- the most prevalent type of blindness among the elderly -- after figuring out one of its primary causes.
NALANDA - In an unusual case a worm got stuck between a woman's cornea and the iris of her right eye in Bihar's Nalanda District.adha Devi, a 20 year-old patient, got operated on Saturday at nearby charitable hospital in the region and is out of danger now.
RAIPUR - Forty-seven people died of malaria in Chhattisgarh between April 2010 and January 2011, the state assembly was told Monday.
NEW DELHI - Terming as "unfortunate" the hike in service tax for air conditioned private hospitals, two such premier institutions said they were not impressed by the budget for 2011-12 presented Monday by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
NEW DELHI - The prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Monday got a budgetary hike, with Rs.1,022 crore earmarked in the union budget for the institute that caters to almost 8,000 patients every day.
NEW DELHI - India's health allocation has been hiked by 20 percent with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday announcing Rs.26,760 crore (Rs.267 million/$5.9 million) for the sector with special focus on research, insurance cover for marginal workers and medical education.
LONDON - A woman, who is set to become Britain's youngest grandmother at 29, has revealed that discovering the pregnancy of her 14-year-old daughter was her 'worst nightmare'.
LONDON - The latest beauty craze-fish pedicures-offered in salons and spas across the world have raised serious health concerns.
- Chris Christie defends Michelle Obama’s obesity campaign
- Obesity adds at least 5 yrs to your joints’ age: Survey
- Placebos can work both ways
- Mother’s sweet tooth bad for girls, not for boys
- Yoga retreats becoming popular world over
- Myths related to spring allergies busted
- Commendable progress made in rural health: official
- One-third HIV cases in age group 15-24: UNICEF report
- Super-specialty wing for Safdarjung hospital planned
- Newborn mouse’s heart can heal itself
- Childbirth more nerve-racking than marriage, buying a home
- Kids with less Vitamin D more likely to have allergies
- Hot flushes protect women from heart attacks
- Steroids to treat asthmatic children: How safe are they?
- ‘Wonderdrug’ keeps breast cancer away
- Tripura, Mizoram on bird flu alert