Saturday, November 15, 2014
LONDON - The bones of people long dead could be the key to healing chronic back pain, says a new research.
WASHINGTON - Two genes that seem to trigger binge drinking have been identified, potentially paving the way to better treatments for excessive alcohol consumption.
LONDON - A charity has found that majority of men are unaware of a blood test described as the "first line of defence" against the disease.
WASHINGTON - Even an hour of sleep in daytime could help lower blood pressure after mental stress, researchers say.
- Pregnant women in China to be tested for HIV, syphilis and Hepatitis B
- Two-thirds elderly Americans face hearing loss: Study
- Gut bacteria exerts control over others organs too
- More men likely to feel the blues
- Daytime nap is good for your heart: Study
- Smoking during pregnancy may cause heart defects in infants
- Anti-HIV vaginal gel deemed safe for rectal use too
- Indian vaccine to save 250 million lives in Africa
- Sugar-sweetened drinks linked to higher BP
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com) -- Scientists have claimed that patients ith diabetes, kidney disease and anemia who don't respond to treatment with an anti-anemia drug have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease or death.
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com -- A positive attitude towards life can help you combat against chronic diseases like arthritis, diabetes and heart conditions.
KOLKATA, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com) -- This might surprise the whole lot of nutritionists who advice people to reduce or prevent the intake of too much whole milk, cheese or other sources of animal fat.
NEW YORK (Gaeatimes.com) -- Men no more have to suffer from baldness stigma as stem cells has an answer to cure baldness.
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com) -- LASIK is a type of refractive surgery for correcting myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism that can improve a person's vision completely.
NEW DELHI - China is on the verge of achieving a breakthrough in stem cell research, says a top scientist in the field.
LONDON - Stem cells derived from a patient with an inherited heart disease could help test specific treatments for the disease, known as long QT syndrome, say scientists.
TORONTO - Supplementing diet with fish oil may prevent muscle and weight loss that commonly occurs in cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy.
LONDON - Researchers have identified a key genetic fault that causes a rare skin cancer to spread and then spontaneously heal itself.
SANTIAGO DE CUBA - A Cuban medication for diabetic feet ulcers is fast becoming popular in a number of countries and has been used to treat more than 22,000 patients worldwide, according to a senior official.
WASHINGTON - Scientists say that an evolutionary gene mutation that occurred in human millions of years ago and our subsequent inability to produce a specific kind of sugar molecule appears to make people more vulnerable to developing type 2 diabetes, especially if they're overweight.
WASHINGTON - Scientists have come up with new ways to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD) -- the most prevalent type of blindness among the elderly -- after figuring out one of its primary causes.
NALANDA - In an unusual case a worm got stuck between a woman's cornea and the iris of her right eye in Bihar's Nalanda District.adha Devi, a 20 year-old patient, got operated on Saturday at nearby charitable hospital in the region and is out of danger now.
RAIPUR - Forty-seven people died of malaria in Chhattisgarh between April 2010 and January 2011, the state assembly was told Monday.
NEW DELHI - Terming as "unfortunate" the hike in service tax for air conditioned private hospitals, two such premier institutions said they were not impressed by the budget for 2011-12 presented Monday by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
NEW DELHI - The prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Monday got a budgetary hike, with Rs.1,022 crore earmarked in the union budget for the institute that caters to almost 8,000 patients every day.
NEW DELHI - India's health allocation has been hiked by 20 percent with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday announcing Rs.26,760 crore (Rs.267 million/$5.9 million) for the sector with special focus on research, insurance cover for marginal workers and medical education.
LONDON - A woman, who is set to become Britain's youngest grandmother at 29, has revealed that discovering the pregnancy of her 14-year-old daughter was her 'worst nightmare'.
LONDON - The latest beauty craze-fish pedicures-offered in salons and spas across the world have raised serious health concerns.
- Chris Christie defends Michelle Obama’s obesity campaign
- Obesity adds at least 5 yrs to your joints’ age: Survey
- Placebos can work both ways
- Mother’s sweet tooth bad for girls, not for boys
- Yoga retreats becoming popular world over
- Myths related to spring allergies busted
- Commendable progress made in rural health: official
- One-third HIV cases in age group 15-24: UNICEF report
- Super-specialty wing for Safdarjung hospital planned
- Newborn mouse’s heart can heal itself
- Childbirth more nerve-racking than marriage, buying a home
- Kids with less Vitamin D more likely to have allergies
- Hot flushes protect women from heart attacks
- Steroids to treat asthmatic children: How safe are they?
- ‘Wonderdrug’ keeps breast cancer away
- Tripura, Mizoram on bird flu alert