WASHINGTON - South Asian countries have failed to keep their ageing populations healthy and face a growing crisis that is adding to broad income inequalities across the region, the World Bank has warned.
LONDON - A research team has found that a new vaccine strategy tested in mice provides stronger, more long-lasting protection from tuberculosis (TB) infection than the vaccine currently used in humans, known as BCG.
LONDON - Danish scientists have developed a new vaccine that can fight tuberculosis (TB) before and after infection.
LONDON - Three Bangladeshi experts have reportedly accused Britain of "covering up" the G8's failure to reduce tuberculosis death toll in south Asia.he Guardian quoted the experts as saying that Britain's strategy against the disease was aimed at preventing its spread to the west, rather than tackling the living conditions in deprived communities where TB is endemic.
WASHINGTON - A new study has provided compelling evidence of increased lung cancer risk among people with tuberculosis.
- Recognise hospitals practising alternative systems: Homeopathic Congress
- Stove fumes as big a killer as AIDS
- WHO endorses new test for detecting TB in less than 2 hours
- Carla Bruni interacts with HIV patients at Delhi hospital
- Carla Bruni to visit Safdarjung Hospital to see anti-natal, HIV care procedure
- Carla Bruni to visit Safdarjung Hospital Monday
- India, US eye new healthcare targets
- India world’s second largest tobacco user: Report
- Azad calls for jihad against tobacco
- Global Fund gets $12 bn to fight AIDS, TB, malaria
- Donors pledge $11.7 billion to fight AIDS, TB
- Malawi adopts UN guidelines on AIDS
- More HIV care for pregnant women in poor countries
- City life gives you immunity from diseases
- UAE, Unicef combine for Pakistan health campaign
- 24 percent domiciliary births in Delhi
- TB scare patient seeks to sue CDC
- Study says developing nations biotech firms may be forced to make drugs for rich West
- Tuberculosis scare patient seeks to sue CDC
- Cancer awareness in rural regions of NCR
- NACO, global fund sign agreement to scale up HIV/AIDS related services in India
- New test seen as big advance in diagnosing TB
- India, China account for 45 percent multi-drug resistant TB
- Merck foundation adds to Botswana partnership
- Kenyan court sentences 2 TB patients to 8 months
- TB cases down in India
- China takes more aid money for AIDS, malaria than African nations
- Funding woes overshadow AIDS conference
- Over five mn people receiving HIV treatment: WHO
- UN: HIV among young people going down in Africa
- 1,600 Chinese died of infectious diseases in June
- US IQ study slammed as racist
- Soccer is a life saver for HIV Positive Ladies
- Protest in Delhi hospitals end
- Minister: SAfrica must use sport for social issues