HYDERABAD - The country's first facility to treat sleep disorders has been set up here by the Hyderabad-based SleepCare Solutions (SCS) in collaboration with Philips Respironics, and plans are afoot for 25 more state-of-the-art centres.
LONDON - Amid a growing epidemic of insomnia, a new survey has found that one in three Brits is suffering from sleep problems.
LONDON - Scientists say that cardiac arrests which can be treated by electric stimulation, also known as shockable arrests, were found at a higher frequency in public settings than in the home.
LONDON - All children aged between six months and five years should be given vitamin D supplements to prevent rickets, especially during winter.
WASHINGTON - Women with saline and silicone gel-filled breast implants may be at greater risk of developing a rare form of blood cancer known as anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL), according to the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Why some people become depressed when they are stressed
- Food-borne bacteria causes difficult-to-treat heart infections
- How broccoli fights cancer
- Highly-caffeinated energy drinks may pose ‘high’ health risks
- Malaysia release of GM insects ‘may create uncontrollable new species’
- Could cleanliness be exposing girls to certain infections?
- Eating poorly ‘can increase the risk of depression’
- Obama names two Indian-Americans to key posts