BHOPAL - In a late night development, the nurses of Bhopal who were on strike along with those of four other medical colleges since the past three days called off their strike Friday after a meeting with health education department officials.
CHANDIGARH - Seven members of an employees' association in the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) shaved their heads to protest the administration's failure to meet their demand for a pay hike.
CHANDIGARH - Police here Friday refuted reports that a 65-year-old woman died as her ambulance got stuck in a traffic jam caused due to a security rehearsal.
HYDERABAD - Bharat Biotech (www.bharatbiotech.com) Friday announced that it has initiated Phase III clinical trials in India of THR-100 (Staphylokinase), a clot-busting drug for patients suffering an acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
LONDON - One in eight British women is likely to develop breast cancer at some point in their life, according to new figures.
- Family mealtimes play key role in asthmatic kids’ health
- Stamping out cancer like corruption biggest challenge: Kalam
- Working mothers’ kids more likely to be obese
- Mega-sized coffee, energy drinks ‘laden with excess sugar, calories’
- Obese adults now half a billion worldwide
- Moderate physical exercises cut cancer risk: WHO
- Nepal president arrives in Chandigarh
- 1 in 10 of world’s adults obese: Study