AHMEDABAD - A new surgery procedure called Minimum Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS) that reduced the incision size by more than half will be showcased at the three-day international conference on cardiology beginning here Friday.
CHANDIGARH - Health services, including surgeries, at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) were hit by a three-day strike launched by operation theatres' technical staff here Thursday, demanding a pay hike. The institute has termed the strike as illegal.
NEW DELHI - Patients at Delhi's Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital were a harried lot Thursday as the doctors again went on a strike, terming the lack of security for them "totally unbearable and unacceptable".
NEW DELHI - Next time you chat away for hours on your mobile phone, think about the grave health risks from the emitted radiation. It causes loss of memory, lack of concentration, digestive and sleep disturbances, says a government panel on hazards posed by electromagnetic radiation.
BHOPAL - At least 100 nurses were arrested here and 10 suspended Thursday after they refused to call off their strike despite the Madhya Pradesh government invoking the Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) to prevent any disruption of health services in the state.
- Indian infant mortality rate dips
- Heart Attack Risk In Women
- Influx of foreign-trained medics in UK can put patients’ lives at risk: Experts
- Adults with large waistlines, high blood pressure ‘at high risk for memory loss’
- South African teaching unions slam HIV testing for school kids
- High heart attack risks in vegans can be cut by omega-3s and B12
- Consumers warned about herbal weight loss pill
- Government for alternative medicines like unani
- Smartphone squint causes premature wrinkles
- Software turns fuzzy x-rays, MRIs into coloured 3D pictures
- Lab veins could revolutionise bypass surgery
- In Uttar Pradesh bylanes, children help fight polio
- ‘Blackberry Botox’ for women staring too much at their smartphones!