NEW DELHI - Delhi Mayor Prithvi Raj Sawhney is down with viral fever, his son said Friday. However, a civic body leader said the doctors suspect it to be chikungunya.
NEW DELHI - The central government has created a separate council and new posts for research in the ancient Siddha medicine branch.
NEW DELHI - Worried after the outbreak of dengue and swine flu in the country, the government is to soon set up an apex institute for communicable diseases on the lines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the United States.
NEW DELHI - One in six people around the world suffer from stroke, making it the second leading cause of death worldwide, doctors said Friday on World Stroke Day.
- Apex institute for communicable diseases to be set up soon
- New drug shows promise against certain lung cancers
- Experts call for tighter regulations on food ads during kids’ TV viewing
- British men can now hope to live till 78
- B-Vitamins ease depression among stroke victims
- Extra-virgin olive oil protects liver
- Brazil restricts antibiotics in bid to stop superbugs