- Breaking News
- Odd News
Butter has been around almost since the inception of civility. The records reveal that butter originated during the Mesopotamian civilization, between 9000 and 8000 BC. It was initially prepared from sheep/goat since domestication of cattle took place long after.
SHIMLA - It's hiding in bushes, avoiding humans, yet running close to habitations with dogs - perhaps completely oblivious to the fact that wildlife officials are hot on its trail. This is the first time a wild animal, a female leopard at that, is being tracked in Himachal Pradesh with the help of the Global Positioning System (GPS).
GENEVA - Three flood-affected provinces of Pakistan are reporting 99 cases of cholera, and the country was also seeing an increase in other diseases, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said Monday.
YAOUNDE - A cholera epidemic in Cameroon since April this year has led to the death of 559 people, the country's health minister has said.
NEW YORK - Nestle USA has announced the recall of a candy product that may contain "undeclared" peanuts over concerns that it may cause allergic reactions in some people, a media report said.
- Superglue speeds up recovery for heart surgery patients
- Gayatri Mantra opens fundraiser for choreographer’s hip surgery in Nevada
- Lungs can detect bitter tastes
- One in 10 adults in danger from obesity
- ‘India unable to eradicate measles due to leadership changes’
- Hard to detect dementia in elderly people in Britain
- ‘O’ blood group women face double fertility risk
- Johnson & Johnson in trouble for 10,000 faulty hip replacements