WASHINGTON - Natalie Portman is the favourite to win this year's Best Actress Oscar for her role in the movie 'Black Swan'.
Washington, Dec 14 ANI): In a study of mice with oral cancer, a drug currently approved for osteoporosis treatment has been shown to reduce bone loss.
LONDON - A new study by US researchers has found that overweight, apple-shaped women are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than those who are pear-shaped.
LONDON - An abundance of moles can be a matter of embarrassment to many, but scientists say people who have more than 100 beauty spots have tougher bones and fewer wrinkles.
WASHINGTON - Potassium citrate may be effective for preventing and even treating osteoporosis, suggests a new study.
- Elderly can blame low sodium for fractures and falls
- Tomato juice helps beat bone disease
- Every third Pakistani woman has osteoporosis
- Yoga is 13th most popular physical activity among Aussies
- ‘Osteoporosis strikes young due to sedentary lifestyle’ (Oct 20 is World Osteoporosis Day)
- Osteoporosis drugs can raise fracture risk
- Is Vitamin D Deficiency Genetic?
- Bisphosphonates Consumption Might Cause Cancer
- Drugs to fight bone thinning double cancer risk
- Osteoporosis drug ‘doubles cancer risk’
- Bone drugs may raise risk of throat cancer
- Caffeine in energy drinks improves athletic performance
- Energy drink risks may outweigh benefits
- Six dental myths demystified
- Calcium supplements’ link to heart attack risk ‘overstated’
- Calcium supplements may up heart attack risk for women
- Calcium supplements ‘increase heart attack risk’
- High-protein diet should begin with breakfast
- Fad diets could result in osteoporosis
- Asthmatics ‘at greater risk for other diseases’
- Teen binge drinkers at risk of future bone fractures
- Task force urges bone-density tests for more women
- Merck hit with $8 million verdict in Fosamax trial
- Calcium intake crucial for postmenopausal women
- Overtreated: Surgery too often fails for back pain
- Overtreated: Pain in the back widely overtreated
- Too much calcium can be bad for health
- Excessive calcium can cause harm
- Heartburn pills ‘can raise osteoporosis risk’
- Staying away from sun causes depression: Study
- Phillips to innovate healthcare, electronic products for India
- Enough calcium in early life key to optimal bone health
- Proper calcium supplement early in life key to lifelong bone health
- Vigorous exercise strengthens hip bones in kids
- Long-term use of certain contraception jabs linked to increased fracture risk