SYDNEY - Many common drugs, including some antibiotics, anti-histamines and anti-psychotics, can cause a potentially fatal abnormal heart rhythm, known as arrhythmia.
WASHINGTON - A new study has found that mixing commonly used antibiotics with common blood pressure medications may cause hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure) and induce shock in older patients, requiring hospitalization.
LONDON - Antibiotics may heighten the risk of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and Crohn's disease in children.
WELLINGTON - Trying to lose weight by adopting a low fat diet? Well, you may be committing the biggest mistake of your 'weight loss regime,' says an Oz fitness expert.
WASHINGTON - Is a cold taking a toll on you and you don't know how to get rid of it? Well, don't panic as an expert gives you some simple steps to lessen your agony.
- Soon, cold plasma jets to replace antibiotics
- Have asthma? Allergens could be growing in your lungs
- Half of antibiotics produced in China fed to animals
- Blast of sound can speed up wound healing
- Killer ‘New Delhi’ superbug reaches New Zealand
- Focused policy on antibiotic use soon: Health minister
- ‘India needs to do more to save children dying from pneumonia’
- Cure for the common cold a step closer
- Is cure for common cold in sight?
- Brazil restricts antibiotics in bid to stop superbugs
- Malaysian woman with New Delhi superbug never travelled overseas
- Salmonella ‘could be used to cure cancer’
- Virulent skin germ grates on Maine lobstering isle
- Farm animals new source of drug resistant superbugs
- Community-based treatment of malaria, pneumonia could save lives: Study
- High-tech skin patch new way to cure acne
- Australian company rejects claim on antibiotics in its honey
- Hitkari Honey, The Cleanest One
- Honey brands have antibiotics harmful to health: CSE study
- Leading brands selling contaminated honey: Study
- Three US travellers bring superbugs’ from India: report
- Gene responsible for New Delhi superbug ‘popping up all over the world’
- New drug-resistant superbugs found in 3 states
- Japan confirms five more cases of New Delhi superbug
- Japan confirms its first case of new superbug gene
- Not brushing teeth can cause heart attacks
- The art of making antibiotics is 2000 years old
- Cockroaches could help combat E.coli
- Cockroaches could help fight MRSA, E.coli
- Death of 3 babies in Britain linked to superbug
- Mosquitoes themselves may one day become anti-malaria `syringes’
- Austria reports 2 cases of superbug gene
- Mexico beginning crackdown on antibiotic sales
- Superbug scaremogering: It’s not the end of antibiotics (Comment)
- Ulterior motives could be behind superbug claim: India