NEW DELHI - China is on the verge of achieving a breakthrough in stem cell research, says a top scientist in the field.
LONDON - A baby boy in Britain has become the first "saviour sibling" to be created in the UK after doctors cultivated embryos that could provide stem cells to treat a life-threatening disease his sister has been suffering since birth.
LONDON - Stem cells can replace surgical procedures for treating lower back pain, researchers say.
LONDON - A revolutionary technique that could restore sight to the blind and prevent others from losing theirs is to be tested on people for the first time.
LONDON - A stroke victim, who had millions of stem cells injected into his brain in a pioneering attempt to repair the damage, is out of hospital and doctors say he is doing well.
- New technology simplifies embryonic stem cell culturing
- Stem cells bulk up muscle, halt ageing
- Indian American doctor eyes stem cell bomb against cancer
- Bush turned against abortion after mum showed him ‘dead foetus’
- Clues to brain disorders in your nose
- Stem cell jab could replace hip, knee surgeries
- Paralysed patient gets stem cells to walk again
- Stem cells help save woman’s leg
- US court stops Obama government’s funding of embryonic stem cell research
- US court stops federal funding of embryonic stem cell study
- Now stem cell treatment for paralysed patients
- Teen gets new windpipe grown from own stem cells
- US greenlight to world’s first stem cell treatment on humans
- Stem cells could save lives in lung damage
- Breakthrough in stem cell culture, holds hope for cures
- Stem cells from embryo sac could heal damaged hearts
- New way to genetically modify human embryonic stem cells developed
- Stem cells show promise in healing newborns’ lungs
- Acute lung injury? Stem cell therapy may help
- Scientists isolate master gene that turns cells into bug killers
- Liposuction leftovers can boost stem cell production