WASHINGTON - Scientists have come up with new ways to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD) -- the most prevalent type of blindness among the elderly -- after figuring out one of its primary causes.
MELBOURNE - A 12-year-old Indian origin boy had to undergo a surgery to reconstruct his eye socket days after he was bullied and brutally punched in the face.
LONDON - The 33 miners trapped underground in Chile have reportedly started a regime designed for fighter pilots to prepare them for their ascent to the surface, and would be provided with 450 dollar (280 pounds) sunglasses to protect their eyes from the sunlight when they reach the surface.
LONDON - Scientists have identified a rogue gene that causes myopia or shortsightedness, paving the way for eye drops that could prevent or halt the condition.
LONDON - Lab grown artificial corneas have been transplanted into patients' eyes for the first time, offering hope to millions of partially sighted people.
- Now, an artificial cornea from China
- Say goodbye to traditional bifocals, welcome electronic spectacles
- 22 people infected after eye surgery in Vietnam
- Drug for bowel cancer can treat eye disease
- Corneal prosthesis, boon for those blinded in accidents
- Plastic lens may soon replace laser eye surgery
- New tool tracks eye disease before symptoms show up
- Green tea helps prevent eye disease
- Green tea may help fight glaucoma
- Cholesterol fighting drug slashes cataract risk in men
- Bifocals may correct nearsightedness among kids
- German scientists implant chip, enabling blind man to see
- Lioness fitted with contact lenses!
- Robot surrogate for blind will test visual prostheses
- Cure for glaucoma soon, says new research
- UAE charity launches eye care initiative in Morocco