LONDON - An Australian study has suggested that kids with Type 1 diabetes are nearly 10 times more likely to have a viral infection as compared to healthy children.
LONDON - Scientists have found that type 2 insulin (IGF-II) growth factor reinforces memory and prevents forgetfulness in animal models.
LONDON - Researchers have indicated that an artificial pancreas given to a pregnant woman with diabetes could save her life and improve the health of her baby.
LONDON - Scientists have found that fat is associated with some distinctive chemical changes in the DNA.
LONDON - A new battery powered thermometer could greatly reduce the number of ulcers and limb amputations in people with diabetes.
- Taking more steps every day can keep diabetes at bay
- Cheers! Drinking a pint of beer a day ‘is good for your health’
- Almonds can prevent diabetes, heart disease
- Almonds ‘could help prevent diabetes, heart disease’
- Pollution ‘can cause obesity and diabetes’
- Pakistan Army and ISI is kidnapping and killing people of Gilgit Baltistan
- Scientists find way to cure diabetes?
- Obese kids show signs of heart disease aged just 15
- Cocktail of cheap drugs can prevent Alzheimer’s?
- Red wine can help fight diabetes
- Glass of red wine can help regulate diabetes
- Humans carry 100 genes linked to cancer, diabetes
- Lighting up blood sugar levels boon for diabetics
- Diabetes “epidemic” in Britain costing NHS 1m pounds an hour
- Variety in food could cut down risk of diseases
- Variety in meals hold key to longer life
- Can dark chocolate control diabetics’ cholesterol levels?
- Variety in meals holds key to a long and healthy life
- Dieters ‘more likely to develop cancer, diabetes’
- Diabetes treatment to help patients shed kilos
- Diabetes drug increases heart attack risks, say experts
- Does cinnamon beat heart disease, diabetes?
- Grapefruit shows promise in treating diabetes
- Asparagus, garlic could help keep obesity at bay
- Asparagus, artichokes hold the key to fight obesity, diabetes
- Leafy vegetables cut down diabetes risk
- Green leafy vegetables ‘cut diabetes risk’
- Post-dinner tipple cuts health risks in elderly
- Disruption in body clock genes could lead to diabetes
- European agency to review safety of GSK's Avandia
- Fast food fuelling diabetes epidemic in Asia: Experts
- Benefits of intensive glucose treatment must be weighed against risks
- Chocolate good for heart, diabetic patients: Study
- Scottish blaeberry could treat diabetes
- Big bottom keeps diabetes away?