WASHINGTON - Two genes that seem to trigger binge drinking have been identified, potentially paving the way to better treatments for excessive alcohol consumption.
WASHINGTON - Even an hour of sleep in daytime could help lower blood pressure after mental stress, researchers say.
WASHINGTON - About two-thirds of Americans aged 70 and above suffer from hearing loss, a study says.
WASHINGTON - More men are likely to feel the blues as the century progresses, a new study says.
WASHINGTON - Grabbing an hour's sleep during the day could have cardiovascular benefits, according to a new study.
- Smoking during pregnancy may cause heart defects in infants
- Anti-HIV vaginal gel deemed safe for rectal use too
- Sugar-sweetened drinks linked to higher BP
- Myths related to spring allergies busted
- Newborn mouse’s heart can heal itself
- Kids with less Vitamin D more likely to have allergies
- Hot flushes protect women from heart attacks
- Mindfulness key to coping with pain, suffering
- Steroids to treat asthmatic children: How safe are they?
- Multiple childbirth linked to increased risk of ‘triple-negative’ breast cancer
- Antioxidants in pecans ‘good for your heart’
- Menopausal hot flashes ‘may protect women’s hearts’
- Indian-origin expert reveals dangers of ballerina body
- How tansy may be a herpes treatment
- Social networking group promotes eating disorders
- Higher vitamin D intake needed to cut cancer risk
- Cannabis ingredient ‘can boost cancer patients’ appetites, sense of taste’
- Taking aspirin for heart disease prevention is less costly, more effective
- Potential treatment target for congenital heart disease identified
- Protein that fuels inflammation in pancreatic and breast tumors identified
- Here’s how you can keep your heart happy and healthy
- Six Indian-Americans caught in US Medicare fraud
- Smoking, exercise influence Vitamin E’s effect on pneumonia risk
- Mobile-phone use not linked to increased brain cancer risk
- Cancer-killing medical ’smart bomb’ comes closer to reality
- What your legs say about your heart health
- Get angry easily? Beware of inflammatory diseases
- Sarah Palin mocks Michelle Obama’s breastfeeding initiative
- Calorie labelling has no effect on food purchases: Study
- Common bone drugs may cut colon cancer risk
- Mediation boosts brain health - and just in a few months
- Losing hair at 20 linked to increased risk of prostate cancer
- Zinc ‘can treat the common cold’
- Oestrogen ‘can cut breast cancer risk’
- Michelle Obama to be a guest on Cartoon Network’s Hall of Game Awards