TORONTO - Supplementing diet with fish oil may prevent muscle and weight loss that commonly occurs in cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy.
TORONTO - Researchers have detected the presence of a mind boggling 4,229 compounds in human blood samples, up from the dozen or so listed medically, based on a three-year exhaustive analysis.
TORONTO - Medication and psychotherapy both help people with an anxiety disorder.
TORONTO - Researchers have developed a new tool that will help doctors predict death probability in patients after an ischemic stroke.
TORONTO - There is cheering news for Alzheimer's patients and people with Down's syndrome as Canadian researchers have identified the gene that destroys brain cells in these diseases.
- Depression cure with little side-effects found
- Indo-Canadian minister expelled by party in Canadian province
- E coli infection linked to kidney, heart problems
- Indian-led team transforms human skin into blood cells
- When White House didn’t mind the f-word
- Higher heart rate at rest is risky
- US mag slammed for ‘oversexualization’ of yoga
- Video gaming prepares brain for bigger tasks
- Gene responsible for New Delhi superbug ‘popping up all over the world’
- Measure stress in hair to assess cardiac risk
- Smoking contributes to blues among teens
- Cancer-promoting protein discovered
- Protein that promotes cancer found
- After UK, Australia, ‘Indian’ superbug hits Canada
- Soon, a silicon ‘neurochip’ to hear what human brain cells are saying
- Energy drinks ‘pose serious threat to kids’ health’
- Indian doctor makes to the top in Canada
- Canada launches global study to find dengue cure
- Cashew seed extract an effective anti-diabetic
- 10 million HIV-AIDS deaths can be prevented by 2025, says UN official
- Asthmatics ‘at greater risk for other diseases’
- Prolonged bottle-feeding linked to iron deficiency
- Physical activity in teens insures women against mental ill-health
- Torontonians expecting to face huge traffic headaches during G-20
- Growing number of North American teens turning to cosmetic surgery
- Masculine ideals, strong family ties prevent suicides
- Polymer fibres to help heal hearts
- Indo-Canadian doctors reveal new device to save brain stroke victims
- Daughters of stroke recovery parent more prone to depression
- Majority still prefer home cooked meals for health reasons
- Use of anti-depressants ups risk of miscarriage
- 2 glasses of milk a day keeps fat at bay in women
- 70 percent of Canada’s bottled water has bacteria
- Belly fat or hip fat - blame your genes
- Dwindling testosterone levels reduce sleep