LONDON - The 33 miners trapped underground in Chile have reportedly started a regime designed for fighter pilots to prepare them for their ascent to the surface, and would be provided with 450 dollar (280 pounds) sunglasses to protect their eyes from the sunlight when they reach the surface.
LONDON - Scientists have identified a rogue gene that causes myopia or shortsightedness, paving the way for eye drops that could prevent or halt the condition.
LONDON - Lab grown artificial corneas have been transplanted into patients' eyes for the first time, offering hope to millions of partially sighted people.
LONDON - Traditional bifocals may soon become pass with the invention of electronic glasses that automatically adjust and enable the user to view objects at different distances.
LONDON - A cheap, unlicensed drug originally produced for bowel cancer can treat an eye condition called age-related macular degeneration (AMD), new research has revealed.
- Laser pointers can harm eyes
- Corneal prosthesis, boon for those blinded in accidents
- Plastic lens may soon replace laser eye surgery
- Green tea helps prevent eye disease
- Lioness fitted with contact lenses!
- Coming soon, contact lenses with built-in virtual graphics
- UK's Brown reveals he has 2 retina tears