NEW YORK - Even though US First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign against obesity was mocked by Sarah Palin and some conservatives, Republicans Chris Christie and Mike Huckabee have sided with her.
LONDON - A new UK survey has claimed that some people have joints that look like they are more than a decade older than they are.
LONDON - An Italian study has suggested that living in a cooler home and getting a decent night's sleep could help rein in the obesity epidemic.
LONDON - A study has found that Asians with a normal weight were far less likely to die from any cause than individuals whose body-mass index (BMI) was too high or low.
LONDON - Scientists claim they have discovered a key protein that signals whether you will be more vulnerable to weight gain after coming off a diet.
- New ‘healthy’ flavoured water has as much sugar as 3 doughnuts
- McDonald’s new Favourites Combo has enough calories for a whole day
- Calorie labelling has no effect on food purchases: Study
- Michelle Obama promotes breastfeeding
- Michelle Obama portrayed as overweight in cartoon attacking her obesity campaign
- Doctors warn that fat can kill even if person is healthy
- Michelle Obama to be a guest on Cartoon Network’s Hall of Game Awards
- Obesity is a killer in its own right
- Fructose does not increase food intake or impact weight: Extensive study
- Breakfast is important, especially for teen mums and their kids
- What makes fructose fattening?
- US Surgeon General approves of Obama’s fat-filled Super Bowl party
- Michelle Obama to take ‘Let’s Move!’ anti-obesity drive global
- Michelle Obama defends ‘fattening’ White House Super Bowl party menu
- Lack of sleep ‘ups risk of colon cancer’
- South Asia faces crisis with unhealthy population: World Bank
- Three ingredients to ease life of asthmatic kids
- Working mothers’ kids more likely to be obese
- Obese adults now half a billion worldwide
- 1 in 10 of world’s adults obese: Study
- Loneliness the ‘hidden killer’ of elderly
- Loneliness a ‘hidden killer’ that threatens health as much as obesity
- Tonsillectomy ‘leads to excess weight gain in kids’
- Childhood obesity comes from unhealthy lifestyle: Study
- Blame habits for childhood obesity, not heredity
- The 1-a-day pill that keeps heart diseases, cancer at bay
- Using heaters at home can make you fat
- Hot flushes tied to lower risk of breast cancer
- Obese people ‘more likely to have mental health problems’
- Rising indoor winter temperatures associated with obesity
- Staying fat may be better for your health
- UK surgeons call for changes in weight-loss surgery rules
- Growing insecurity, stress in society leads to obesity epidemic
- Pakistan could see rise in breast cancer cases
- Coke’s ‘health’ drink ‘too sweet to be nutritious’