NEW DELHI - India's health allocation has been hiked by 20 percent with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday announcing Rs.26,760 crore (Rs.267 million/$5.9 million) for the sector with special focus on research, insurance cover for marginal workers and medical education.
LONDON - Cancer is a man-made disease triggered by the excesses of modern life, says a new study.
LONDON - Living in cities helps people develop immunity to diseases, finds a study.
KATHMANDU - To reduce social stigma and discrimination that leprosy patients in the society, Nepalese lepers are all set to climb Mt.
NEW DELHI - In a bid to boost the public healthcare system, the central government has approved hiring of more than 53,500 male workers to run various disease control programmes at health centres across the country under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
- Social activist in Mumbai felicitated for curing thousands of leprosy patients
- Protest against water shortage in New Delhi
- Leprosy hit families living without basic amenities in Bihar: Survey
- China lifts 20-year-old entry ban on HIV/AIDS infected foreigners
- China may end travel ban on HIV-positive foreigners
- Four Indian states still struggling with leprosy
- Massive programme to free leprosy-affected from begging
- Requiem for leprosy (Comment, Jan 31 is World Leprosy Day)
- Give leprosy-affected a chance (Jan 31 is World Leprosy Day)
- Mahatma Gandhi’s role in anti leprosy work recalled
- Government schemes in Jharkhand for leprosy patients
- India among top 5 government funders of neglected diseases
- Over 134,000 infected with leprosy in 2008-09: Azad
- Priest who lived with leprosy now a saint
- Pope elevates 5 new saints, 1 for work in Hawaii
- Pope proclaims 5 new saints
- 'Miracle' Hawaiian: Damien's already a saint
- Hawaii group leaves for Damien's canonization
- Leprosy patients to see 1800s priest canonized