NEW DELHI - Insulin is a hormone that is produced by the beta cells, which are cells that are scattered throughout the pancreas.
LONDON - A low-cost diabetes drug taken with a red wine 'miracle pill' could prevent millions from suffering the agony of Alzheimer's, suggests new research.
NEW DELHI - Glucose regulation plays a central role in cognitive function and aging and poor glucose control is likely to interact with coexisting disorders, such as dementia or cerebral infarcts, and worsen cognition among diabetics.
WASHINGTON - A new study has found that a diet rich in natural antioxidants may improve insulin resistance in obese adults.
LOS ANGELES - People with diabetes may face an increased risk of cancer, a study has found.
- Early metformin treatment doubles chance of success for diabetics
- Popular diabetes drugs could elevate risk of heart failure and death
- Healthy lifestyle could help keep diabetes at bay for a decade
- Healthy lifestyle, cheap pill could help keep diabetes at bay for a decade
- Intensive lifestyle changes, drug ‘cut type 2 diabetes risk’
- Bristol-Myers gets EU approval for diabetes drug
- Popular diabetes drug may help fight breast cancer