NEW DELHI - Insulin is a hormone that is produced by the beta cells, which are cells that are scattered throughout the pancreas.
LONDON - Medical experts have urged a ban on Avandia, a drug taken by up to 100,000 diabetic patients in Britain, because it increases risks of heart attack.
LONDON - Grapefruit has shown promise in the treatment of diabetes, thanks to the presence of an antioxidant in it.
WASHINGTON - Grapefruit could hold the key to tackling diabetes, a new study has found.
LONDON - The European Medicines Agency says it will review the safety of the diabetes drug Avandia following research suggesting it is linked to a higher risk of heart problems, strokes and deaths in older adults.
- Merck launching numerous drugs around the world
- Clarification: Amylin FDA info request story
- Ranbaxy to launch anti-diabetic drug Actos by 2012
- Bristol-Myers gets EU approval for diabetes drug
- Diabetes drug can help fight lethal cancer complications
- Exenatide - a physiological option for a pathological disease