DAKAR, Senegal - An alarming number of new cholera cases have been reported in the West African nations of Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria, an international aid agency said Thursday.
WASHINGTON - The Associated Press has learned that the peanut industry executive whose filthy processing plants were blamed in a salmonella outbreak two years ago that killed nine people and sickened hundreds more is back in the business.
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - UNICEF says more than 300 people have died in the West African nation of Cameroon from the country's worst cholera outbreak in 20 years.
N'DJAMENA, Chad - Health officials in Chad say an outbreak of cholera in the Central African nation has killed at least 41 people.
LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Associated Press has withdrawn its story about U.S.
- CDC: Fruit pulp linked to rare US typhoid cases
- Poultry fingered as No. 1 food poisoning culprit
- Peru plague outbreak kills 1, infects at least 31
- Uganda anthrax outbreak kills 82 hippos in reserve
- Dengue outbreak claims 3rd fatality in PR
- W.Va. urges testing after hepatitis B outbreak
- Tajikistan to start polio vaccination campaign
- Zambia hit by worst cholera outbreak in years
- Virus outbreak causes 40 child deaths in China
- E. coli kills 1 child, sickens 3 at Wash. day care
- Film: 147 toddlers infected in Uzbek HIV outbreak
- Mozambique: 42 dead in worsening cholera outbreak
- 36 dead from cholera outbreak in Mozambique
- 40 dead as cholera outbreak hits Papua New Guinea
- Mumps outbreak in NY, NJ tops 1,500 cases
- 300 people diagnosed with mumps in suburban NY
- Tests prove link to pepper in salmonella outbreak
- RI: Pepper in salami may be source of salmonella
- NC casino cleans slots every 2 hours to beat virus
- Anthrax outbreak linked to heroin
- Cepheid gets special authorization for flu test
- Cepheid gets special FDA OK for swine flu test
- NKorea agrees to accept medicine from SKorea
- Israel treating Gazans infected with swine flu
- CDC: Pet frogs source of salmonella outbreak
- Saudi official: 5 dead from swine flu at hajj
- Hajj devil stoning ritual biggest swine flu risk
- UN: HIV outbreak peaked in 1996
- Experts say radical measures won't stop swine flu
- US reports largest mumps outbreak in 3 years
- Venezuela: swine flu contained among Indians
- Lawmaker wants probe of E. coli and school lunches
- Royal Caribbean exec says few H1N1 incidents
- Salmonella victims upset no prosecutions yet
- Swine flu hits Yanomami Indians in the Amazon