WASHINGTON - Vitamin E supplementation may decrease or increase, or may have no effect, on the risk of pneumonia depending on the level of smoking and leisure time exercise, according to a study.
LONDON - A new vaccine against pneumonia is being introduced in Africa and some other countries across the world.
WASHINGTON - A new research suggests that maintaining periodontal health may contribute to a healthy respiratory system.
NEW DELHI - A global report released Wednesday has said that over 80 percent of infants born in India each year - 20 million out of a total of 26 million - are insufficiently fed and face the risk of disease and death.
WASHINGTON - A new study has suggested that using acid suppressive medications, such as proton pump inhibitors and histamine2 receptor antagonists, may increase the risk of pneumonia.
- Stove fumes as big a killer as AIDS
- Unicef teams up with West Bengal for total sanitation campaign
- Killer ‘New Delhi’ superbug reaches New Zealand
- ‘India needs to do more to save children dying from pneumonia’
- Curable diseases caused 1.5 m child deaths in India
- New breakthrough paves way for vaccines against pneumonia, meningitis
- Protein ‘bullet’ guns down cancer cells
- Quality of care up at US hospitals, report says
- $40 bn pledged for UN work to save babies, mothers
- Community-based treatment of malaria, pneumonia could save lives: Study
- Seasonal flu vaccine ‘lowers first heart attack risk’
- Antarctic worker treated for pneumonia in NZealand
- Two suspended after measles epidemic in Maharashtra village
- Two kids die, measles epidemic hits Maharashtra village
- Richie Hayward, co-founder of Little Feat, dies
- Docs discover pea sprouting in Mass. man's lung
- Docs discover sprouting pea in Mass. man's lung
- Now, ‘Indian’ superbug hits Australia
- Zinc in blood reduces risk of pneumonia in elders by 50 pc: Study
- Bernie Mac's widow sues comedian's doctor
- Coroner: Pneumonia killed Brittany Murphy husband
- Goa to monitor swine flu cases after death of woman
- ‘Blood transfusion can raise heart attack risk’
- Beware of mould in your home - it can kill
- Late preterm birth increases risk of respiratory illness
- Japanese women extend life expectancy to new high
- Japan women’s life expectancy world longest for 25th straight year
- Swine flu shots must for cardiac patients
- Woman received lungs of a 30-year smoker
- Inspirational coach Charlie Wedemeyer dies at 64
- 'Diff'rent Strokes' star Gary Coleman dies
- Family: Gary Coleman on life support, unconscious
- Osteopathic treatment-conventional care combo cuts hospital stays for pneumonia patients
- Infectious diseases account for two-third child deaths
- Infections cause two-thirds of child deaths: Study