Port-au-Prince, Nov 24 (IANS/EFE) The toll in the cholera epidemic ravaging Haiti stands at 1,415, at latest count, and a total of 60,240 people have received medical treatment for the disease since it was first detected on Oct 19, health authorities announced Tuesday.
GENEVA - The UN Tuesday noted a decline in new HIV/AIDS infections and fewer deaths, but warned that the economic crisis could dampen hopes for further positive developments.
NEW DELHI - Transgenders are at a higher risk of contracting HIV infection, said a UN report on AIDS epidemic released Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - India has shown a 50 percent drop in the number of new HIV infections in the last 10 years as the AIDS epidemic is beginning to reverse globally with a decline in the newly-infected HIV cases and AIDS-related deaths, says a United Nations report released Tuesday.
SHIMLA - Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Gulam Nabi Azad will lay the foundation stone of a super-speciality hospital in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh Wednesday, a state minister said here.
- 14 more dengue cases push Delhi total to 6,190
- Corruption needs to be uprooted: Baba Ramdev
- More than 50pc of depressed patients give up their treatment
- A pill to erase painful memories in offing
- Pakistan to enlarge pictorial warning on cigarette packs
- Indo-Canadian minister expelled by party in Canadian province
- A quarter of overweight women think they’re normal
- More beauty spots mean better health, younger looks
- Prolonged use of cell phones may trigger skin allergies
- Vinegar can boost your good cholesterol levels
- Could Botox get rid of cold sores?
- Low cost cervical cancer test can save thousands of women
- Blast of sound can speed up wound healing
- Nearly 25pc of overweight women think they’re normal size: Study
- Alpha-carotene in yellow, green veggies extends life
- Why fatty diets during pregnancy make kids obese
- Kids of divorced parents ‘face higher stroke risk’
- 2 glasses of orange juice a day ‘can lower BP, cut heart disease risk’