NEW DELHI - Pregnant women across China will receive free screenings for HIV, syphilis, and Hepatitis B, and if they test positive, they will be treated at hospitals to prevent them from transmitting the diseases to their children.
NEW DELHI - Terming as "unfortunate" the hike in service tax for air conditioned private hospitals, two such premier institutions said they were not impressed by the budget for 2011-12 presented Monday by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
NEW DELHI - The prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Monday got a budgetary hike, with Rs.1,022 crore earmarked in the union budget for the institute that caters to almost 8,000 patients every day.
NEW DELHI - India's health allocation has been hiked by 20 percent with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday announcing Rs.26,760 crore (Rs.267 million/$5.9 million) for the sector with special focus on research, insurance cover for marginal workers and medical education.
NEW DELHI - The National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) has shown a commendable progress in its sixth year in creation of infrastructure and human resource for health, officials said Saturday.
- One-third HIV cases in age group 15-24: UNICEF report
- Super-specialty wing for Safdarjung hospital planned
- Digvijay Singh defends Arunachal MP accused of abusing Ramdev
- Healthcare programme for elderly approved
- Congress MP denies making ‘bloody Indian’ remark to Ramdev, offers to resign
- Retire aging monkeys, Pamela Anderson urges AIIMS
- India, Cuba to cooperate on natural medicine usage
- Mental health neglected, multinational partnerships needed: Azad
- Spanish gay couple’s child dream comes true in India
- Scientists 1 step closer to developing treatment for chikungunya
- Azad to inaugurate international conference on ‘Community Mental Health’
- WHO finds polio virus in Delhi sewage
- Rent-a-womb: India becoming surrogate pregnancy hub
- China reiterates strict ban on hepatitis B tests during pre-employment exams
- ‘Need to upgrade diagnostic facilities in health sector’
- ‘Leftover’ Chinese singles are in the grip of depression
- Delhi doctors remove 7 kg ovarian tumour
- Brain tumour treated with minimal invasive surgery
- Sanitary napkins can reduce cervical cancer risk: Survey
- Army chief, Antony’s wife join cancer awareness march
- Over 40,000 childhood cancer cases in India every year: Experts
- Delhiites walk to mark cancer day
- Moderate physical exercises cut cancer risk: WHO
- GTB hospital doctors strike work
- Mobile phone radiation poses health risks: Government panel
- Indian infant mortality rate dips
- New technique uses alcohol to save heart
- Number of teens going for plastic surgery in Singapore on the rise
- Prevent misuse of technique in female foeticide: President
- Ayurvedic physician among medicine Padma winners
- GM food preferable to chemical ones: Indian American oncologist
- Research for Congo virus antidote on: Health expert
- President Patil launches 2011 ‘Pulse Polio’ campaign
- Need to focus on palliative care, say experts
- No need to panic about killer virus: ICMR