Monday, February 07, 2011
WASHINGTON - Scientists have come up with new ways to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD) -- the most prevalent type of blindness among the elderly -- after figuring out one of its primary causes.
NALANDA - In an unusual case a worm got stuck between a woman's cornea and the iris of her right eye in Bihar's Nalanda District.adha Devi, a 20 year-old patient, got operated on Saturday at nearby charitable hospital in the region and is out of danger now.
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com) -- LASIK is a type of refractive surgery for correcting myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism that can improve a person's vision completely.
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com) -- Abu Bakar Bashir, Indonesia's best-known radical cleric has undergone cataract surgery as he awaits trial on terrorism charges.
NEW YORK (GaeaTimes.com) -- A revolutionary new technique of Lasik surgery promises to provide super-vision to patients affected with short-sightedness.
- Surgeon for Lasik Surgery Arrested for showing Negligence
- Indian boy in Australia undergoes eye surgery after being bashed in the face
- Chile miners to be given sunglasses to protect their retinas from ultraviolet rays
- Donors give new meaning to ‘eye for an eye’
- Rogue gene causes short-sightedness
- Artificial corneas restore sight for the first time
- Now, an artificial cornea from China
- Say goodbye to traditional bifocals, welcome electronic spectacles
- 22 people infected after eye surgery in Vietnam
- Drug for bowel cancer can treat eye disease
- Laser pointers can harm eyes
- Better vision for Africa - with help of India
- Antidepressants may raise cataract risk
- Corneal prosthesis, boon for those blinded in accidents
- Plastic lens may soon replace laser eye surgery
- New contact lenses may reduce progress of nearsightedness
- Caffeine ‘effective in preventing cataract formation’
- Age-related macular degeneration risk on the rise for Asians
- New tool tracks eye disease before symptoms show up
- Green tea helps prevent eye disease
- Green tea may help fight eye diseases
- Eye care centre proposed in Uttarakhand
- Tertiary eye care centre in Uttarakhand
- 10 Dangers of Lasik Surgery
- Class Action Lawsuit Against TLC Lasik Surgery Centers Filed
- Vitamin E loaded into contact lenses may treat glaucoma
- Glaucoma set to rise as population ages
- Anti-depressants linked to higher risk of cataracts
- Green tea may help fight glaucoma
- Cholesterol fighting drug slashes cataract risk in men
- Statins ‘fight cataracts too’
- Corneal swelling at high-altitude doesn’t affect vision
- Bifocals may correct nearsightedness among kids
- German scientists implant chip, enabling blind man to see
- Leafy veggies, coloured fruits boost vision