WASHINGTON - Two new studies have found that gastric bypass surgery lead to better long-term results including greater weight loss, resolution of diabetes and improved quality of life compared with sleeve gastrectomy and "lap-band" surgery.
WASHINGTON - Preadolescent children with type 1diabetes have a 200 percent to 400 percent greater chance of developing cardiovascular disease than those without diabetes, according to a new study.
WASHINGTON - According to a multi-cultural study, the first time that many patients realise that diabetes can affect their kidneys is when they are referred to renal services.
LONDON - An Australian study has suggested that kids with Type 1 diabetes are nearly 10 times more likely to have a viral infection as compared to healthy children.
NEW DELHI - K Subrahmanyam (1929 - 2011), the strategic guru for most Indian security analysts who passed away on Feb 2 after a long struggle with diabetes and cancer combined the finest qualities of head and heart.
- New study explores why some diabetics escape complications
- Why obesity can increase risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes
- Breast cancer patients with diabetes ‘50pc more likely to die’
- Why drinking coffee cuts diabetes risk
- Cheers! Drinking a pint of beer a day ‘is good for your health’
- MicroRNAs could increase amputation risk in diabetics
- Diabetic women with depression at higher risk of dying from heart disease
- Poor response to anti-anemia drug linked to heart disease risk
- Limiting salt key to warding off serious threats to diabetics’ health
- Video games help lower diabetes, obesity risks in kids
- Excess sugar may play role in diabetes, obesity, high BP
- Childhood kidney disease linked to maternal diabetes, obesity
- Dining out ‘ups diabetes risk’
- Moderate alcohol intake may benefit kidney transplant patients
- Fat outside of the arteries linked to cardiovascular disease
- Over 7,000 children form human chain on World Diabetes Day in Noida
- High doses or prolonged use of glucosamine could increase diabetes risk
- Sodas, other sugary beverages linked to diabetes risk
- Diabetes “epidemic” in Britain costing NHS 1m pounds an hour
- Diabetics’ conditions improved after phone calls with fellow patients
- Variety in meals holds key to a long and healthy life
- Waist size, not BMI can foretell cardiovascular risk in children
- Scientists Discover new clues to origin of Diabetes
- Large waist size linked to higher diabetes rates among Americans
- Garlic oil ‘may prevent heart disease in diabetics’
- Lifestyle intervention ‘offers long-term benefits to obese patients with diabetes’
- Indians in US ‘at higher diabetes risk than other Asian immigrants’
- Dieters ‘more likely to develop cancer, diabetes’
- Bariatric ops reduce chances of gestational diabetes
- Short sleepers ‘at higher risk of diabetes, heart disease’
- ‘Sprouty’ protein could be a therapeutic target for obesity, osteoporosis
- Mothers who don’t breastfeed more likely to develop diabetes
- Green leafy vegetables ‘cut diabetes risk’
- Diabetes risk in kids ‘ups risk for weak bones’
- Scientists develop easy way for people to assess their diabetes risk