NEW DELHI - Pregnant women across China will receive free screenings for HIV, syphilis, and Hepatitis B, and if they test positive, they will be treated at hospitals to prevent them from transmitting the diseases to their children.
WASHINGTON - A new study has suggested that a change in the formulation of tenofovir gel, an anti-HIV gel developed for vaginal use, may make it safer for rectal use as well.
NEW DELHI - Of the over 33 million HIV-AIDS cases reported worldwide every year, around one-third are adolescents of the age group 15-24 years, revealed a report by United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).
LONDON - South African student and teacher unions have strongly criticised a state plan to introduce HIV testing for children as young as 13 at schools.
LONDON - South Africa's battle against Aids is being threatened with a street drug called 'Whoonga', which is a cocktail that includes the antiretroviral (ARV) medication prescribed to people with HIV.
- Zoo visit for HIV-positive children in Kolkata
- Oz taxpayers’ money funding guide to snorting cocaine, other party drugs
- Punjab herbal firm claims to have found cure for HIV/AIDS
- People with HIV ‘three times more likely to have a stroke’
- Kerala women’s panel wants HIV test before marriage
- Outdated blood testing contributes to HIV among thalassemic kids
- AN OLD AGE COUPLE IN NORTHERN INDIA PROVIDES SHELTER TO DISCARDED AIDS PATIENTS
- How New Year’s Eve can be dangerous for your health
- Yoga terrible for your knees, Indian doctor warns
- Discovery suggests new way to prevent HIV from infecting human cells
- Assange’s ‘promiscuous lifestyle, refusal to test for HIV led to charges’
- Accidental needle jab passes on HIV to doctor
- How ‘chameleon-like’ HIV virus eludes treatment by mutating
- ‘Miracle’ blood transplant ‘cures American man of HIV’
- Younger gay men willing to take sexual risks: Oz HIV study
- Don’t block affordable Indian medicines, EU urged
- HIV-positive porn star calls for compulsory condom use in films
- Carla Bruni interacts with HIV patients at Delhi hospital
- Painting exhibition to create AIDS awareness organised in Chennai
- Carla Bruni to visit Safdarjung Hospital to see anti-natal, HIV care procedure
- 9 in 10 Delhiites still need to be vaccinated against Hepatitis B Virus: Experts
- Carla Bruni to visit Safdarjung Hospital Monday
- China to have 1.2 mn HIV-affected people by 2015
- 25 percent of young Mexicans do not use condoms
- China to open activity centre for gay men
- Inflammatory bowel disease leads to post traumatic stress
- Focus on states with low AIDS prevalence, high vulnerability: Azad (Second Lead)
- 37 Bangladeshis died due to AIDS in 2010
- Third Red Ribbon Express to spread AIDS awareness planned
- Number of AIDS cases fall in Himachal
- Hundreds in northeast pledge fight against HIV
- HIV/AIDS still a serious health problem: WHO
- Work on inequalities to get rid of AIDS: UN
- This AIDS day, talk of universal access and human rights (Dec 1 is World AIDS Day)
- Housewives now AIDS’ worst victims in Nepal