WASHINGTON - Even an hour of sleep in daytime could help lower blood pressure after mental stress, researchers say.
WASHINGTON - Grabbing an hour's sleep during the day could have cardiovascular benefits, according to a new study.
WASHINGTON - A new study has revealed that soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages such as fruit drinks are associated with higher blood pressure levels in adults.
WASHINGTON - Natalie Portman is the favourite to win this year's Best Actress Oscar for her role in the movie 'Black Swan'.
LONDON - Middle-aged men and women having high cholesterol and high blood pressure may not only be at risk for heart disease, but possibly develop early cognitive and memory problems as well.
- Device to revolutionise blood pressure measurement
- Here’s how you can keep your heart happy and healthy
- Get angry easily? Beware of inflammatory diseases
- Doctors warn that fat can kill even if person is healthy
- Obesity is a killer in its own right
- Fibre intake lowers death risk
- Green LED products contain lead, arsenic
- Diet soda ups risk of vascular events; high salt intake linked to stroke
- Brain tumour treated with minimal invasive surgery
- Late to bed, early to rise way to heart attack
- Late nights ‘increase risk of strokes, heart attacks’
- Is Qigong the new kid on the fitness block?
- Here’s how being in love can keep you healthy
- This robot will be elderly people’s caregiver
- Obese adults now half a billion worldwide
- 1 in 10 of world’s adults obese: Study
- Adults with large waistlines, high blood pressure ‘at high risk for memory loss’
- The 1-a-day pill that keeps heart diseases, cancer at bay
- Traffic noise ‘can increase stroke risk’
- Stress management program benefits patients with heart disease
- Lowering BP in middle-aged women cuts heart disease risk
- New ready-made meals help you shed ‘10 lb in 4 weeks’
- Common antibiotics, BP medications a bad mix: Study
- Weekend drinking is more lethal than daily downing
- This nasal spray can mask food aroma, and beat hunger
- Kidney gene linked to increased heart failure risk
- Resistance exercise beneficial for cardiovascular health
- Household chores can send BP soaring!
- Household chores ‘worse for heart than workplace tensions’
- Exposure to room light before bedtime may impact sleep quality, BP
- High BP responds better to combo therapy
- 5 easy steps to pump up your heart
- Spanish study challenges image of healthy Mediterranean diet and lifestyle
- 4 hours of TV a day ‘raises heart risk’
- 30-second bursts of exercise may help fight childhood obesity