AGARTALA - Malaria poses a bigger threat than insurgents and smugglers to Border Security Force (BSF) men posted along India's northeastern border with Bangladesh, with many dying of the disease every year, say security officials.
BHOPAL - Barwani district of Madhya Pradesh saw 26 maternal deaths in nine months of 2010. Not only were the pregnant women routinely turned away from community health centres of their villages, they were even beaten and abused by nurses and health staff of the district hospital, a report released here Tuesday said.
NEW DELHI - The government has approved a special programme for providing proper healthcare facilities for the elderly, parliament was informed Tuesday.
KOLKATA - Rotary India Humanity Foundation, an arm of Rotary International, will pump in Rs.75 crore over the next three years for 5,000 surgeries on under-privileged children suffering heart diseases in the country.
WASHINGTON - Two separate but related studies have shown that two drugs - one already approved as an immunosuppressant and the other being tested as an anti-cancer agent - could prevent and reverse hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) in mouse models of congenital heart disease.
- High cholesterol, BP in mid-age tied to memory problems
- In rare case, woman delivers after ovarian tumour surgery
- Ex Miss Venezuela’s book on her breast cancer battle breaks taboos
- Congress MP denies making ‘bloody Indian’ remark to Ramdev, offers to resign
- Protein that fuels inflammation in pancreatic and breast tumors identified